A leading Dubai based multinational security and surveillance company
The Cyber Security Pre-Sale Engineer will possess deep technical cyber security expertise combined with process control expertise. Successful application engineering or a technical sales support track record designing and implementing cyber security technologies and solutions is needed for this role. The Profile will develop collaborative technical relationships with customer prospects and develop solutions to meet their needs. This work includes architecting, designing and presenting the market leading solutions, bills of materials (BOMs) and proposals.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of our Industrial Cyber Security solutions offering.
- Identify and understand customers’ business goals, operating objectives and requirements, and customize our Cyber Security solutions to best meet their needs.
- Lead customer facing demonstrations, proof of concepts, and RFI/RFQ/RFP technical solution design and responses.
- Project, Configuration and implementation of SIEM platforms, Vulnerability Management, Advanced Security Analytics, Threat Intelligence, Forensic, Data Loss Prevention, Network Security Policy Management, Firewall Management.
- Communicate effectively when working with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Meeting with clients to clarify project dynamics, timelines, execution, planning, etc.
- Suggests discounts, margins, & presentations of the presales team, and provide guidance on the same when needed
- Manages Presales personnel, monitoring their activities, providing support & guidance when needed.
- Participates in sales calls with colleagues when needed
- Develops technical design and commercial pricing for the presales team
- Keeps records and organize reporting back the director on all presales activities
- Provides strategic feedback & input on presales activities
- Organizes the presales team leaves & vacations in coordination with HR department
- Participates in recruiting new presales personnel
- Monitors & develop presales team performance
- Coordinates & provide training for the presales team. Develops training strategy for the team along with the Quality & Training department
- Coordinate with other departments on ongoing projects, bids, troubleshooting & any activity that might require his/her input
- Be available for traveling, meeting new clients, and site surveying even in harsh conditions.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging the network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with pre-sales staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Presales manager has to perform the senior presales duties summarized as follows:
- Gets brief from client on required solution(s), gets any available documentation, contacts consultants (if applicable), conducts site visit if possible
- Opens new accounts & establishes relationships with clients & suppliers
- System design based on client’s requirements – the design includes setting specification of hardware, software, technical drawings and IT infra-structure for the solution; might need to specify other requirements – that include power, mechanical and electrical requirements for the project execution.
- Commercial aspects of each project covering – production of BOQ, recommending optimal software and hardware and pricing of the same, negotiates with the client commercial and pricing terms.
- Technical submittal of the solution in the form of technical and commercial bid/proposal
- Briefs PM on all aspects of the project and hands-over all documentation, client contacts and other aspects for commencement of the project execution.
- Interacts with the PM and client (as required) to ensure follow up on project execution and delivery
- Assists Auto-cad section in preparing final solution drawings
- Supports in any required business development with potential or repeat clients
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics or CS related) or BA in business;
- 5-7 years of experience in ICT and Cyber Security industry
- Minimum 5 years combined pre-sales/technical sales support/application engineering experience required
- Minimum 2 of following certifications: CISSP, CEH, CCNA + Security, CIFI, CompTIA Security+, COBIT.
- Minimum 2 of following vendor certifications: RSA, Security Analytics, SECOPS, Archer, IBM Qradar, HP Archsight, CISCO, Checkpoint, Fortinet, FireEye, Imperva, VMWare, ForcepointMust have knowledge of GCC
- Experience in common Criteria and ITSEC
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Good commercial knowledge as well as a sound understanding of financial issues, including current accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written