Private EquityGo Back
A PE fund in the DIFC – the fund is in the investment stage.
Working for a Senior Associate to evaluate potential investment opportunities using a range of strategic, financial and operational tools.
- Participates in the investment process from inception to closure, including active involvement in all aspects of the transaction.
- Conducts financial data analysis and develops sophisticated financial models in order to assist in critical financial decisions.
- Helps in determining and negotiating commercial and financial aspects, reviewing legal documents and preparing written recommendations, reports and presentations.
- Independently coordinates due diligence processes (commercial, financial, technical), including writing investment memos and presenting recommendations; compiling transaction documentation and managing post-acquisition projects.
- Helps define the structure and the objectives of each investment with the relevant business group that will support any investments and integrate any product of service into the wider Group.
- Preparing quantitative analysis and qualitative reports on prospective and existing investments. Works on research to develop a best in class structure and strategy for the organization’s activities in sync with the overall investment strategy.
- Monitors existing portfolio companies’ performance, including providing quarterly/annual updates.
- Ensures that the organizations interests are fully and effectively represented across the portfolio of investments, through intensive and frequent oversight and involvement as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and external parties (professional advisory firms in finance, strategy, accounting and others) to encourage the continued evolution of the company brand.
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the investment sector.
- Keeps abreast with latest industry news and corporate finance techniques/practices – recommends subsequent actions to senior management.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Preferably holds an MBA from a globally-recognized top ranked business school
- Between 2 – 3 years’ previous experience within a PE or Investment Banking environment.
- Relevant experience in any of the following functions: management consulting, private equity / principal investments, investment banking / corporate finance (mergers & acquisitions)
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and analysis
- A preference will be given to those with food sector experience
- Good command of oral and written English, Arabic would be an advantage.